Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Freeze This Moment!

Photo by Karen Wood
 (Rose garden angel at Beverly Hall, Quakertown, PA -- http://www.soul.org/)

I brush away a wayward hair ~
Then wonder if it was actually
An angel who touched me ...
For there was no hair.

I feel a softness against my face ~
And know it to be cool air
From the humming window air conditioner ...
Or an Unseen Guide.

I almost dare not move ~
For it would put a ripple
In the thick Love
That surrounds my Being.

I want to remain trapped in the Stillness.

I want to drown in the Soup
Of The Holy Presence.

I want the deafening Silence
To lull me to Eternal Sleep.

Freeze this moment!
Oh, Holy Presence!

As I sit here burning
With love for You,
Please freeze me!

~ By Karen Wood

2 comments:

  1. A truly beautiful experience and wouldn't it be lovely if we could 'freeze' them when they happen. It would certainly help when we enter those inevitable 'dry' phases of our sadhana (spiritual walk).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freeze This Moment is a truly potent and poetic expression of devotion to the Holy Presence, Karen -- thank you!
    (But please know that those of us who know you well are selfishly pleased that your "freezing" has been postponed!:)

    ReplyDelete