Friday, December 16, 2011

Your Singular Voice


Come forth!
In the Stillness ...
That small Voice
From within ...

Speak to me, please!

Let me hear You
Echoing off my distractions,
Whispering between the layers
Of my busy mind-chatter.

Come forth!
Voice from On High!
Voice from The Depths!

Let Your Love murmurings
Resound above all else
That occupies my mind and attention ...

Speak to me, softly ~
Or in a mighty roar!

It matters not
How
You speak to me!

Grant me only
Ears to hear
Your Singular Voice ...

As I lovingly listen ~
May I eat every Word
Until my Being becomes Your Echo ~
Your Voice in the wilderness.

May I learn to speak as You speak ...
In and through
Silence.

~ By Karen Wood

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Karen, for reminding us so eloquently that God speaks most clearly to us in holy Silence. And you echo God's voice beautifully! (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing....I love reading your poems. with peace, rayna

    ReplyDelete