Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Open My Eyes ...

Foot path in Cameron Park ~ Waco, TX
(Photo by Karen Wood)

Lift the veil from my eyes, Oh Lord!
Let me peek out from behind the curtain
That shrouds my vision,
Keeping me from seeing You ~
My Beloved, my Teacher, my Guide!

Unmask me!
Remove the shades from my eyes!
Let me open wide to Your Beauty,
Your Wisdom, Your Eternal Truth!

Let me see as I have never seen before
Your abundant Grace ~
The feast You have prepared for me
And the foot path You have
Marked for my Way.

Open my eyes, Oh Holy One!
Open my eyes so that I may see You!

Blind me with Your Holy Presence
So that I have no need to ever see again,
Except by Your guiding, ineffable Fiery Light
Within.

~ By Karen Wood

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo. Beautiful truths. During this loving season may we all participate with the Divine in the opening of our eyes to the love, goodwill, and peace that ever resides within us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. It is we all truly yearn for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm, it is what we all truly yearn for.

    ReplyDelete