Sunday, October 9, 2011

Building a Dwelling Place

Building a
Dwelling Place

Oh, My Soul!
May I come to know You
And love You
Even as I clear away debris
And sweep cobwebs
From dark corners and dank inner basements.

Thank you for keeping
Too many creepy crawly things
From frightening me
As I gingerly creep down the inner depths
And open doors long locked and closed ~

As I shine a tiny inner flashlight
On deep, dark, hidden places of my humanity
That need to be thrown out, swept clean,
Given away, or burned to ashes.

Let me do so willingly – even with joy –
Seeing that space as places where new life
And new beginnings can now live.

As I shine that inner flashlight,
May I grow less fearful, less afraid,
Less timid, less filled with shame
At what has lain dormant and hidden,
Drawing dust and mold and darkness to it ~
And instead look forward to the Sacred Task of cleaning ~
Preparing a place where You can dwell
In Peace,
In Comfort,
In Rest,
In Joy!

May it be a Sacred and
Holy Place
Lovingly built for You
That is truly
Home.

~ By Karen Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment