Monday, November 14, 2011

May I Drown Myself in You


“Submerge beneath My Living Waters
Sink deep into My Watery Depths
Listen to what you hear there
In the Deep.

When you have reached
The deepest depth ~
Go deeper.
Sink lower.

Find the darkest part.
The Silence is loudest there.
You can hear Me most clearly
There ~
In the Darkness.
In the lowest spot.

When you find the darkest place,
You will see the Light.
Look for Me
There ~
In the Depths and the Darkness
And the Silence.

There ~
I will speak to you
And reveal Myself to you.”

Oh, Holy Presence!
May it be as I heard it
And saw it revealed to me
Even this day.

Oh, Holy One!
May I be worthy
Of submerging once again
‘Neath Your Living Waters.

May I find an even darker place,
An even lower spot,
An ever more Silent space
In the watery depths.

May I drown myself in You,
So I might live again.

~ By Karen Wood

1 comment:

  1. Just beautiful, Karen. Makes me think of your beautiful new fountain, a lovely and calming source of inspiration. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete