Tuesday, November 22, 2011

You, Alone


Most Holy Divine Master ~
You alone come to me
When I call out for help ...

You alone hear
My innermost cries
And my deepest longings ...

You alone see
My strongest weaknesses
And my weakest strengths ...

You alone appear
To soothe my angst
And spread quietude across my fears ...

You alone call me forth
To step into discomfort
When it serves a Greater Good ...

You alone beckon me
To Love
And to serve ...

You alone are with me ~
Even when I am
No longer present ...

You alone guide me,
Gently ~
Back to You, Alone.

~ By Karen Wood

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Love the photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, this love note to God will strike the hearts of those who read it, and reread it. Very meaningful -- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled upon this and found it an interesting correlation: Plato writes "I almost forgot, Theodoros, that there were others who asserted opinions the very opposite of these: 'the all is alone, unmoved; to this all names apply,' and the other emphatic statements in opposition to those referred to, which the school of Melissos and Parmenides make, to the effect that all things are one, and that the all stands itself in itself, not having space in which it is moved." Doug

    ReplyDelete