Sunday, May 6, 2012

You Mirror Me

Photo by Karen Wood
(Meditation musing below comes after meditating upon the portrait above, which is in the private collection of Rev. Arlene Curley, Co-director of the Greenshire Arts Consortium and a Minister of the Church of Illumination, Quakertown, PA.  The meditation honors all seekers on the spiritual path.  It also honors Rev. Curley's recent discourse on sacred-friendship mirrors, delivered 3-25-12 at The Church of Illumination, available on CD from The Philosophical Publishing Co., 215-538-5300 or megbevhall@comcast.net.)

I look into your eyes
And see myself reflected ~
For we are One in Spirit,
Co-creators and Christ-children
Of The Eternal One.

You mirror me,
And I, you ~
And the Image is
Pure Divinity.

In loving recognition
Of our sacred heritage,
I come to you ~

Pledging to you
Deep, Divine Love,
Total acceptance
And unwavering commitment
As we step forward
With Joy
On the journey together.

I embrace and enfold you
With Sacred Love ...

Knowing through Holy Love,
You and I are truly
One.

For you mirror me,
And I, you ~
And the Image
Is Pure Divinity.

~ By Karen Wood


3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Karen, for sharing this beeautiful painting with others. The original painting was done by Lesta Bertoia. I think of this Sacred Grandmother as holding the Cauldron of Transformation for each of us. As we look deeply within, we feel; and we see. And yes, the Divine is mirrored within us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reminder of the ever present goal of seeing the God Spirit in all. Hopefully, I'll remember this the next time I get a telemarketing call or have to deal with an insurance company!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find the depth of this reflection very moving. The feeling and meaning behind your words blends beautifully and seamlessly with the meaning and feeling I sense in the painting of Sacred Grandmother. Thank you, Karen!

    ReplyDelete