Wednesday, July 11, 2012

"Just For A Moment" Prayer

Photo by Karen Wood

Oh, Holy One!
Just for a moment ~

Strip away my thoughts,
My desires,
My longings,
My daydreams,
My fantasies.

Peel back my emotions
So I no longer feel sad or lonely,
Energetic or tired,
Happy or joyful.

Steal back sensations
So I no longer hear,
See,
Feel,
Taste,
Smell, or
Sense.

Take away my identity,
My occupation,
My hobbies,
My life pursuits.

Remove me from my family,
My children,
My parents,
My siblings,
My extended relations.

Separate me
From all friends.

Unravel me
Until there is nothing left of me ~
Until I am laid completely and utterly bare
Before You.

In that moment, Oh, Holy One!
May I see myself as You see me.

May I see Myself
When I gaze into You.

In that moment, Oh, Holy One!
May I know the One within myself
Who Is
All Friends,
All Families,
All Sensations,
All Emotions,
All Thoughts,
All Desires,
All Identities,
The All in All.

May it be just for a moment ~
Or for the rest of my life.

~ By Karen Wood

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. This sounds like our last Akashic Records group when Karen Low led us in asking to see ourselves as the Divine sees us, as our Infinite Self. It was profound.

    ReplyDelete