Saturday, September 8, 2012

In The Depths of My Being

(Photo by Karen Wood)

In the depths of my Being
I burn with Love ...

The hot, Divine Flame
Consumes all
That is not holy.

The Flame licks its lips ~
Devouring anger,
Regret,
Impure thoughts,
Judgment,
Ill will,
Inaction,
Fear,
Carelessness,
Envy,
Impatience,
Excesses,
Jealousy,
Doubts,
Discontent,
Arrogance,
Covetousness ...

I feed the Flame well ~
Continually tossing more and more
Unholy passions
Into its ravenous mouth.

I draw Life and Joy
From the flaming Sacred Fire within ...

And burn with Divine Love ~
In the depths of my Being.

~ By Karen Wood

2 comments:

  1. Would that I had that Divine Passion now.:) Currently working very much in 'this world' mode with the big book and closet purge.

    Thanks for the divine note. Looking forward to feeding the flame with the group meditations tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's love and purification surround us. LaTuttle

    ReplyDelete