Friday, September 14, 2012

The Permeating Presence

Photo by Karen Wood
(St. Bridgit's Garden reflection pool, Ireland)

I close my eyes
And sink deep
Into a calm pool
Of gratitude and devotion ...

I am immersed
In quietude ~
Permeated by a
Loving, Holy Presence.

There are no words,
For they are unnecessary.

The Silence holds
Everything
In Its No-thing-ness.

I am nourished,
Uplifted,
Held,
Soothed,
Caressed,
Comforted,
Affirmed,
Purified,
Wholly Loved ~
By the permeating Presence.

Myriad thoughts float above
Along the surface
Of this deep, calm pool
Of gratitude and devotion.

I barely notice them ~
For the permeating Presence
Draws me deeper and deeper
Into Its Loving Silence.

There are no words ~
For they are unnecessary.

The Silence holds
Everything
In Its No-thing-ness.

~ By Karen Wood

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Karen, your Love Note was perfect for me this morning. I woke with a great contentment, gratitude, and Divine Love. Thank you for putting words to the feelings.

    As always, your photos are gorgeous. Reminds me our beautiful pilgrimage in Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, this is beautiful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Karen, for pointing us again to the still, nourishing, uplifting, healing, peaceful center within. As you say so beautifully, "The SIlence holds Everything in its No-thing-ness."

    ReplyDelete