Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Space Within

Photo by Karen Wood
(Labyrinth in Crestone, CO)

The space within cannot contain
All the Love You hold out for me,
Sweet Lord and Lover of my Soul!

I expand until ready to burst,
Hoping to somehow fill myself
With Your great Love.

Yet there is ever more.

I draw in Love.
I exhale Love.
I eat and drink Love.

I imagine Love in the most fanciful places ...
I sometimes think I see Love
Even in the darkness.

Even when I sleep,
I find myself
Sometimes dreaming Love.

Oh, Sweet, Mysterious Love!
Love me until I cannot draw in another moment ~
Or exhale another piece of You!

Love me until I can no longer imagine You ~
Or see You in the darkness!

Love me until I no longer can eat or drink You
When I feast or fast!

Love me until there is nothing left to Love
But You and You Alone!

Love me until I have learned
That the Space Within
Is All there is ...
And it is Only Love.

~ By Karen Wood


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, as always. I love the stanza about drawing in love.

    Yearning for the time when my space within is only Love.

    ReplyDelete