Saturday, September 22, 2012

Sweet, Divine Mystery!

(Photo by Karen Wood)
Angel Fire, N.M.
Sweet, Divine Mystery!
You are so close ...
Yet ever elusive!

I reach out to touch You ~
You are nowhere to be found ...
Until I draw my next Breath.

I crave Your Presence ~
I feel so abandoned ...
Until I see the grey-white dove perched mere feet
From the hovering, hunched black raven.

I yearn for Your Voice ~
I hear only SILENCE ...
Followed by sweet bird songs, wind whispers,
And majestic thunder claps.

I long for Deep Peace ~
Cruelties, injustices, deep woundedness engulf me ...
Until I submerge into the Depths of Stillness
Where I find Perfect Rest.

I chase certitude ~
I capture only more questions, more doubts
Until it dawns, slowly ...

The Divine Mystery Is
The only Certainty.

It is not knowable.
It can only be Loved.

~ By Karen Wood

3 comments:

  1. Your words so beautifully capture the conundrums of the spiritual journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, the mystery IS the only certainty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But Karen, How can you you love someone or something that you don't know? Doesn't the Word clearly point to the fact that we can indeed know God and His will? Refer to Romans 12:2 and Phill. 3:10

    ReplyDelete